Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thankful for Riding Gear








Yesterday we went riding and when I mean riding I dont mean on a track. When we go riding is trail riding. You know in the mountains on a single trail with trees, roots and well obsticles on the way. Also with very steep parts going up and coming down. The going up part is not so bad you just hit the gas and cruise on up. Going down is the hard part. I think of myself as not very coordinated by nature, I feel like I need to do things over and over again in order to get it. Its really hard for me to break with my hand and with my foot at the same time while steering and holding on to the clutch. So we are riding along and go up this hill and come up to this tree just blocking my way so i stop and I go around it but I guess I went a little fast and then kind of was heading the wrong direction, not on the trail but down the hill to the side. At this time is when good coordination would have come in handy but it didnt. I really dont know what I did it was all too fast and the next thing I know Im face planting head on to the ground. Jimmy was just ahead a bit and he saw the whole thing. He came right up. My initial reaction was to be so angry that I crashed and then I was upset I started crying. I know funny.Nothing really happend but a big headache and my heel kind of bruised a little. At this point I was so thankful for riding gear so thankful for the people that invented it. They really saved me from taking a big hit.





2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you are ok! You are so brave, I don't think I would ever even try biking alone. Wearing the right gear is definately important!!

Unknown said...

Sarah I'm going to have to come out there and restrain you! You are going to kill yourself... then where will I be! haha. Sounds fun but keep practicing in your back yard first ok? :o)