Saturday, February 27, 2010

Our Trip to Mexico

In the month of Jan I finally had the chance to go to Mexico and visit my family. It had been 6 years since I had last gone back. WE LOVED IT. I loved every minute of it all. Jimmy was able to meet the rest my family and got to know them a little bit. We first stayed with my mom's side of the family. My cousin Anabel decided that since most of my cousins and uncle's could not come to the wedding here they would throw a traditional Mexican wedding. Woah! were we surprised. Everyone in my moms family came. My cousin dressed up as a priest and we had a "ceremony" I even cried haha. It was just so sweet that they wanted to share that with us. There was so much food, music,dancing, decorations, kareoke and even some fireworks! *From a big wedding next door but we got to ejoy them too :) * Overall we had a really good time. We also got to go to some mexican ruins at a place called Xochicalco. They built these at the top of a mountain and there was a beautiful view. The next few days we spent with my grandparents. Jimmy and I got to tour around Mexico City and enjoy the sites with my grandpa. We also got to go to the Mexico City Temple and it was amazing. My grandma was getting ready for surgery so we also went to the hospital with them and helped them with whatever we could. I also got to see my mom and dad there. It was a very fun trip and we loved my family, the food and the places we visited. PS: pics to come....

No comments: